Looks like Christmas came early for this blogger.
The Liebster award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers and then the award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
- My first car was a wood paneled mini-van. When it died and I got to chose my new car, I opted for another mini van.
- I spent three summers taking basket-weaving classes. I was pretty good too.
- I began dancing at the age of 5, and have been doing it since. In college I was a choreographer for my dance troupe and I’m currently a member of DanceWorks New York City.
- In high school I won the gym award…twice! Once my freshman year and once my junior year.
- I’m missing most of my stomach lining (gross, I know!). Because of this, I’m not supposed to eat anything acidic, spicy or caffeinated.
- I have a number of weird eating habits. 1)I don’t like when foods touch on a plate. 2) I only eat even amounts of chips, crackers, candies. . . 3) And I alternate which side of my mouth I eat them on. 4) If eating something like M&Ms, there has to be an even amount of each color.
- I’m a horrible speller. It’s something I need to work on.
- Everyone compliments my eyebrows and ask where I get them done. When I tell them I do them myself, their jaws drop.
- If I’m tired enough, I can fall asleep anywhere.
- I HATE when people chew their food loudly. I used to cover my ears at the dinner table, but I learned how to have manners.
- When I retire (if that day ever comes), I want to open my own bookstore and cafe. It will be amazing.
11 Questions from Meghan:
- What are you most looking forward to this holiday season?
Getting out of the city to spend time with my family. And not having to deal with the MTA for a week.
- Why do you blog?
This particular blog started as an assignment for my Web Writing class. But I enjoyed taking on challenges, and thought I’d continue the journey. This helps keeps my life exciting and keeps my writing skills sharp. Plus, it’s fun.
- Do you have any piercings or tattoos?
No to both. It’s not because needles freak me out or because my parents would disown me. I simply don’t want them. But that has never stopped people form buying me earrings as presents.
- Where will you be 5 or 10 years from now?
I can tell you where I want to be. . .
In 5 years I want to see my name on a magazine’s masthead and an amazingly furnished 1 bedroom apartment (and maybe a ring on my finger)
In 10 years I want to see my name on a magazine’s masthead and the gorgeous kitchen in my suburban home (and maybe a kid or two playing in the yard)
- Where is one place you would love to visit?
Napa Valley. I realize this isn’t an exotic destination, but I’ve always wanted to visit the vineyards and spends time working on them. That doesn’t make me an alcoholic, right?
- Summer or winter? Why?
Well if I can’t choose fall, which is my real favorite, then I’d have to go with summer. After spending 4 years studying in the pseudo tundra of Syracuse, I learned to hate the cold, the snow, and all things winter. Plus, I’m a born and bred beach girl – the summer is our life source.
- If there was one crazy thing you wish you could do in your life, what would it be?
I would love to bitch slap someone and NOT get in trouble for it. Sure that sounds mean, but there are a few people who deserve a good smack in the face.
- Favorite dessert?
Nothing beats strawberry shortcake, especially when it involves homemade biscuits. I also won’t turn down a scoop (or two) of ice cream.
- Any guilty pleasures?
Real Housewives. I realize it’s a trashy series, and probably kills some brain cells. But watching these grown-ass ladies act like lunatics makes me feel better about myself.
- Favorite original diy/craft/recipe?
I don’t do a lot of original things, but I did whip up an awesome quinoa breakfast bowl once.
- What’s your typical daily online routine?
I start the morning by watching shows from the night before (I don’t have cable, so I watch everything online) while I eat breakfast. Then I go to work, which requires me to spend a lot of time on Social Media sites (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, ect) and posting articles. During dinner, I do some personal Facebooking and Pinning. Then I end the day with some online TV viewing.
11 Questions for Others:
- You can travel back in time. Where do you go?
- How do you eat an Oreo?
- You have to give up one of your five senses. Which one goes?
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- If you could pick any actor/actress to play you in a movie, who would it be and why?
- What’s your favorite breakfast food?
- What’s your worst habit?
- What’s the biggest challenge you’ve overcome in life?
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- Any pet peeves?
- It’s dinner party time! Which five people do you invite over?
11 7 Bloggers Worthy of a Liebster:
Ok, to be honest I don’t follow too many bloggers. Mostly because, these days, it’s hard to tell what is and isn’t a blog. But I’m hoping through this award I’ll be able to find and follow some more amazing, talented writers.
Loose Change and Lipstick Stains – A future novelist who says that she, like her soon-to-be best seller, is a work in progress.
Part Time Inspiration– A 20-something who finds inspiration wherever she goes.
Lil Lady KT – A Jersey girl who loves Hello Kitty and fitness!
Adventures of Teresa and Luna – A young lady making her way through life in a Volkswagon Beetle.
Pretty Baking by Ger – A mom of three who manages to make tons of delicious, low-cal sweets.
Movie Writer NYU – An aspiring screen writer who’s too hilarious for his own good.
Running with Balance – A college senior who realizes life doesn’t have to be all work and no play.