Hey there readers! Hope you all had a happy and fun 4th of July. I spent the four day weekend (yes four. My boss spoiled me) in Rhode Island, relaxing on the beach and soaking up the sun. While I worked on my tan, I also thought about Challenge Accepted and some of the tasks I wanted to tackle. So I took a look through past posts and noticed that many of you responded to my March Ab-ness challenge. Several of you asked how it worked out for me and here’s the truth: it didn’t. But not because the program sucked. Truthfully, I got caught up in work and a growing social life, and became to tired to carry out this daily challenge.
But looking back, I wish I had finished. First, it would have made wearing a bikini a bit more bearable this weekend. Second, having a strong core will help me with my half-marathon training. Research has found that a strong core can increase stability, strength and mobility, which leads to a fast and more efficient run. Not that I’m looking to shatter records in the Surf Town Half Marathon, but I would like to get through the race with no pain.
So here is the plan (again). For 31 days, I will crunch, plank and push-up my way to a sleeker stomach with this training plan from Let’s Get in Shape NOW!
Once again I will post photos of myself as well as my measurements to track my progress.
Sounds like a simple Challenge Redo, right? Well not exactly. This time I want you, my loyal readers, to sit-up alongside me and take part in this physical challenge. Need a little extra incentive? The person with the most impressive tummy transformation will receive a $50 Kolh’s Gift Card and a guest post on Challenge Accepted.
So if you want to work out and win cash, then here are the rules:
1. Start you 30 Day Ab Challenge by next Monday, July 15. Take a photo of your abs and record your measurements.
2. Crunch, sit-up, plank and push-up every day (except Sunday of course).
3. At the end of the 31 days, take a photo of your abs and record your measurements.
4. Send me your BEFORE and AFTER photos by Saturday, August 17. You can either…
- Post them in the comment section
- Post them on your blog and share the link in the comment section
- Email me
5. The winner will be announced Monday, August 19th.
Happy ab-ing folks!